Friday, February 13, 2009

Wheelers 3 Canucks 2

DAWSON CREEK BC -- In a penalty filled affair the Dawson Creek Jr. Canucks were unable to clinch third place in the North West Jr. Hockey League dropping a 3-2 decision to the Grande Prairie Wheelers.

It is very tough to think about tonight's game. There is such a bitter taste left and there is much that could be said and probably should be said. Duncan Redfearn put things pretty well in the Chetwynd Redi Mix Jr. Canucks post game show. I'll post the comments when I write up a full game summary.

In other NWJHL action Friday night the Fort St John Huskies beat the Peace River Navigators 7-1. I was getting the updates from Mike Feeney and the texts read "the score flatters Peace." Where are the wheels on the bus?

Also there was a bit of a scary moment at the end of the hockey game including one Huskie taken off on a stretcher after a Gerry Young hit. They ran the clock out. Hopefully I'll find out more later.

With the FSJ win, 2nd place is out of reach for the Canucks and it makes tomorrow's game HUGE. I'm looking forward to it.

For now it's time to sleep and I will post a game summary from Friday night when I wake up.

dd

1 comment:

Mike Feeney said...

Hey Darren. Kole Norris was the Huskies who was down on the ice. He came to eventually and was talking and moving but the took him to the Hospital for precautionary reasons. Sounds like he will be OK and he was on the bus on the way home. Looked pretty good all things considered. I would not be surprised to see Chuck ready to go for the playoffs.