Monday, September 14, 2009

A little nooner for ya

I have a little downtime between classes to drop a few lines. For those of you who don't know, I am back at the U of S to finish up my Kineseology degree. I was here briefly before WABC.

-----

I'm going to try to follow the Klippers as best I can for you. To the best of my knowledge there is no blog or info out there at the moment. I've also taken up the duty of managing the Klippers' website which I have listed on the left hand side of the blog.

The Klippers' dropped a tight one to North Battleford over the weekend and last night were hosting Brooks. Nancy Turnis gave me a shout and it was 2-1 Brooks after the first but I received no update after that.

I'll see what I can do about updates and I'll even try to make it to a game or two.

-----

I'm still not sure what to make of Theo Fleury at Flames camp. Does this guy even have a shot in the dark of making it? Your guess would be as good as mine. I'm pulling for him, though, as it would be a great story to follow.

-----

There has been a lot made of Brett Favre's season opening victory on Sunday. It led most sportscasts and was on the front of most sports website too.

What's the big deal? He threw for what? 110 yards? Big deal. Credit Adrian Pedersen for the win. He has nearly 200 yards on the ground. I'm pulling for Brett but he hasn't shown much yet.

-----

Keeping with the NFL, there is lots of talk about the Eagles QB situation after Donovan McNabb left the game with a fractured rib. This will be a big deal in (I think it's) three weeks if he is still hurt when Vick is eligible to play.

-----

It was an interesting week of 9-man high school football. All the scores from Thursday/Friday are posted on www.saskgridiron.com. The "game of the week" was a dandy. Rosetown came from behind to beat Delisle 8-7. Look for an updated South 20 Dodge Chrysler and RV Centre Top 10 to be posted later today!

-----

Former Kindersley Klipper Derek Dorsett has signed a two year contract extension with the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets. Dorsett had five points and 150-penalty minutes in 52-games with Columbus this past season. He'll play out this season under his rookie deal and then the new contract kicks in next fall.

-----

Ok, that's all the time I have right now.

Enjoy the afternoon!

dd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad someone has decided to blog about the Klippers. I was missing Ryan's comments. They won last night 6-4 over the Brooks Bandits. Good game with some tempers shown in the last three minutes.

Darren Dupont said...

If people want to read about the Klippers I'm more than happy to blog about them. I'd do anything for that organization and love staying in the loop too! Let me know what types of things you'd like to see blogged.