Friday, February 6, 2009

Spirit of BC Week

You couldn't ask for a better day to kick of Spirit of BC Week here in the province.

The Spirit of BC flags were raised in the Peace Region earlier today marking the official kick off to Spirit week. In Chetwynd the flag was raised at noon and in Dawson Creek it was raised at 12:30pm.

Today there is free swimming all day at the Chetwynd Leisure centre (1-3pm, 5-9pm) and free skating at the rec. centre (6:45-7:45pm). In Dawson Creek today the Midget Rep's are hosting their home tournament today through Sunday. Also in Dawson tonight will be the Spirit Coffee House at the KPAC from 7-9pm.


=====

This is a monumental weekend for both the Dawson Creek Jr Canucks and the NWJHL as a whole. There will be a lot told this weekend and we will get a playoff picture that will become a bit more clear.

These two games for the Canucks (Slave Lake on Saturday and Peace River on Sunday) are absolutely huge. I am really looking forward to it.

=====

Could Sean Avery be heading back to the big apple? It appears so. Rangers' brass are talking about the idea and I think it's a good one. I am not really a Sean Avery fan but he was very successful in New York and I think a return could really boost the play of that hockey club. On the other hand it could blow up in their faces. Who knows?

=====

It's now 2:30pm and I'm still at the office. I think it's time for me to finish up my work and get home. Have a super Friday!

dd

No comments: