Monday, February 23, 2009

Morning Loop

I must first apologize for the non-update this weekend. Ever since the accident the laptop hasn't been working the same. For those of you who were at the Memorial it was really a treat as the Canucks won 3-0 on Friday night and played near perfect.

=====

Saturday was spent on the couch. It was Hockey Day in Canada (one of my favorite days of the year) and featured three games and all six Canadian teams. Earlier in the day Jim Hughson did an amazing feature on the Dawson Creek/Fort St John rivalry. I've posted the video.


What a story! I'm sure some of you remember those days and I invite you to comment below at the bottom of this post with your stories.

=====

I borrowed the theater style projector and projection screen from work this weekend. It was the first Saturday/Sunday that I've had completely off in some time and I watched a few movies. On the list this weekend was "Yes Man" with Jim Carey and "Role Models." I'll give them both a positive review. I thought the young kid in Role Models was a little much at first but he grew on me and I was laughing. I'll admit though that Yes Man was funnier. I couldn't stop laughing. Highly recommended.

=====

The Dawson Creek atom Canucks won a tournament over the weekend in Chetwynd. They defeated Fort St John 6-1 in the final game on Sunday afternoon.

=====

I'm not one for award shows and tend to spend my time doing other things but what I've heard this morning was that the Oscars were rather boring. Agree?

=====

Sportsline goes tonight. I'm still working on lining up guests and included in the discussion will be tons of NWJHL playoff talk. I'll also try to get league governor Al Spence on the phone to discuss the Sexsmith story.

=====

That's all I can muster up at the moment. I was up watching movies will 1:30am and came to work in my pj's. I think I should get something done.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: