Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rise and Shine!

So for the longest time I was actually thinking about staying up for the Roddick/Federer semi-final match at the Australian Open. That was when I couldn't get to sleep but before long I was out. The match started at 1:30am MST and that just wasn't going to work for me. Federer ended up winning the match as he has done many times in the past over Andy Roddick. Federer has a 16-2 lifetime record against Roddick. Ouch!

=====

The forecast for Tampa Bay on Sunday is calling for sunshine and temperatures around 67 degrees Fahrenheit. That's roughly 20 degrees Celsius. I'd say that's pretty ideal for a football game. I'm not complaining though, it was +10 not that long ago.

=====

The Peace River Navigators dropped another game last night but not for lack of effort. A 4-3 loss to Whitecourt was their fifth in six games. Things are really tightening up down the stretch.

=====

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The Canucks' are hosting their 5th Annual Players Auction and Dinner on Friday and then they host the Slave Lake Wolves on Saturday.

I've been asked to emcee the night which should be a lot of fun. I'm never sure what to say when I do these types of things but somehow in the end something always comes to mind.

====

I'm watching the Roddick/Federer match as I type this and there was a controversial call in the first set that went the way of Federer. Roddick was not pleased and told the judge to (viewer discretion is advised) quote: "have some sack."

Roddick just doesn't have it against Federer. There have been some bright spots in his game but that's about it.

=====

Stay tuned as I breakdown the playoff race in the NWJHL.

Have a great day!

No comments: