1. Whitecourt Wolverines (14-1-0) (LW: 1)
2. Fort St John Huskies (12-6-1) (LW: 3)
3. Peace River Navigators (10-5-1) (LW: 4)
4. Grande Prairie Wheelers (8-6-2) (LW: 5)
5. Dawson Creek Jr Canucks (11-5-1) (LW: 2)
6. Sexsmith Vipers (2-13-0) (LW: 8)
7. Beaverlodge Blades (5-9-2) (LW: 6)
8. Slave Lake Wolves (4-14-1) (LW: 7)
-The power rankings are compiled with input from members of the NWJHL media.-
Let's make some observations.
-First, we knew that the Canucks would drop after their last two games. That's a no brainer.
- Whitecourt remains on top and they have done nothing to prove otherwise. Voice of the Wolverines Dave Dawson is quoted in an e-mail: "every line is producing, they’ve found a number one goaltender, and its scary to hear coach Joey Bouchard say these guys HAVEN’T hit top gear yet." ... scary.
- This week's biggest bust was the Canucks but who else fell? Well Slave Lake and Beaverlodge also fell in the rankings after sub-par weeks.
- Which teams made the biggest splash? The Huskies, Navigators and Wheelers all moved up this week but it was Sexsmith who made the biggest jump. Finally out of 8th place in the rankings and threatening to jump out of the basement for the first time this season. I am really looking forward to Saturday night's game. The Canucks better come out to play.