Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cloud to Klippers?

This was copied and pasted from Steiner's Stall (SJHL blog by voice of the mils/terriers Craig Stein)

Waywayseecappo native Chris Cloud has been released by the WHL's Vancouver Giants. Could he be joining his hometown Wolverines? I wish I knew. But it's 1:30 am and I'm 5 hours from the office. I'll give a call to Barry Butler sometime this afternoon to see what's up.

=====

Now you might recall that Cloud was in Saskatoon last season, playing with the Blades. From what I'm hearing he doesn't want to play in Wayway but could be coming to the SJHL and more specifically the Kindersley Klippers.

This makes sense as there is ties between the Klippers and the Blades. Larry's son Walker plays in Saskatoon and Larry has all kinds of contact with Heach Coach/GM Lorne Molleken and I'm sure knows more about the situation than you or I ever will. Klipper Jordan Braid played with the Blades for a good chunk of last season as well.

If Chris doen't want to play in Wayway I'm sure the Klippers know about it and have been talking to the kid about life after the Vancouver Giants.

I think it would make sense and don't be suprised if Chris Cloud is in a Klipper jersey by year's end.

No comments: