Friday, May 7, 2010

9-man football conferences???

The SHSAA has posted the projected 2010/2011 football conferences on it's website and my jaw is on the floor.

We have known for a while that Gull Lake was likely going to be moving down to 6-man ball and that is the case. I am also not surprised to see that Canora will play 6-man football either. What has me scratching my head is that I see they have Rosetown listed in 6-man football. WTH???

Is this correct?????

Conference 1 stays the same with Foam Lake, Wynyard, Humboldt, Melfort, Nipawin and Tisdale.

Conference 2 also has me shaking my head as they show just three teams in Assiniboia, Maple Creek and Shaunavon. Conference 3 will be the largest with Esterhazy, Melville, Swan River, Sacred Heart, Lumsden and Fort Qu'Appelle being joined by Kamsack. And Conference 4 will have Unity, Delisle, Martensville, Warman, Meadow Lake and Kindersley.

Something has to be wrong here, right?

Surely Rosetown would not be dropping to 6-man football, would they? And if this is the case that the teams listed will be the teams participating in 9-man football this season I would certainly hope that the conferences are adjusted so that conference 2 has more than 3 teams in it.

What are your thoughts?

I'll attempt to gather some answers this weekend at the SasKota bowl try-outs. Until then, have a great Friday!

dd

No comments: