Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday tidbits

Welcome back boys and girls.

Today we'll talk about the weather, twitter and Michael Vick.

-----

But first let's start with hockey. With Ryan Tunall moving to Lethbridge, that opens up the position of play-by-play voice of the Kindersley Klippers of the SJHL.

Word is that the position has already been filled. Probably by someone none of us have ever herd of before but that's doesn't have to be a bad thing. We all need to start somewhere.

For the record, if he has been hired, he's not off to a great start. There wasn't even a sniff of info anywhere on the recent conditioning camp. Nor has there been any news on rookie signings or anything else for that matter.

If you want Klipper news I don't know where you'll go. Maybe i'll have to do a little digging and be your Klipper info source.

-----

Btw, Tunall has a nice little blog on southern Alberta called Tunall Vision. I've provided the link on the right. It always provides a good read.

-----

This is old news by now but in case you haven't heard Twitter is huge.

A large number of celebs are "tweeting", as they say, and it can be fairly entertaining. The old man thinks we are only getting dumber and dumber but despite that I have started using that "nonsense".

The issue now is that some sports figures are getting in trouble over it.

Antonio Cromartie of the San Diego Chargers tweeted about how bad training camp food is and that it may be associated to the team not winning championships.

Others have tweeted during half time of a basketball game while the Tampa Bay Lightning used it to tease a trade they were about to make.

I think it's great. TSN's Dan O'Toole and Jay Onrait are pretty fun to follow too. I'll keep doing it for now. At least until they start to charge you. We all know that day is not too far off.

-----

Vick, McNabb and Westbrook.

That sounds like a pretty intimidating backfield for the Philadelphia Eagles. The current QB says he's happy to have Vick. I don't believe him. Vick was one of the most valuable players in the league before he left. You think he has gotten THAT much worse during his time off?

Either way, like the man formerly known as Chad Johnson tweeted, I would hate to play defense because they're going to be tough to stop.

-----

What is up with this weather? The forecast was calling for rain today, tomorrow and part of Sunday. This morning Environment Canada called for sunshine today and rain tonight and tomorrow.

Well, it rained today and still is. Does that mean it's going to be sunny tomorrow? I hope so. Its my third wedding in four weekends and the weather was perfect for the first two.

-----

Who do I take with the first overall pick in my hockey draft tonight? It's a keeper league so keep in mind that most players are on teams already.

I think Tavares has to pretty much be a lock at this point. I need to build from the ground up. I am an expansion team and on paper I suck. I do have some good young talent though.

-----

Well that's all my little brain can muster up right now. Be sure to check out Friday night football on TSN tonight and the Riders play Sunday against Hamilton.

Have a great weekend!

dd
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments: