Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday blogging

I took yesterday off from blogging so let's take this time to catch up.

This past Saturday I headed for Dawson Creek early to do a little Christmas shopping and it is already getting crazy. I like shopping around Christmas time. Everything is decorated, people are in good moods, and I like Christmas music too. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't quite December yet and the stores were already packed. I love it!

When you are out Christmas shopping to you always see the gifts that you want for yourself? It happened to me. So I decided to snap some photo's for my wish list this year.

Sports books are a GREAT gift idea for any sports lover in the family. I see a couple Habs books that my dad might like.



"Sports Night." I have never been able to find this DVD set anywhere. Wal-Mart... snap it up quick!

A couple great options. "24 Redemption" was fantastic. Sidney Crosby's flick looks great as well.

I'll do a little more photo blogging this next couple of days from Dawson Creek as I do some more Christmas shopping. I'll talk a little more about great sport books and dvd's that you could get that special someone on your list. I'm working my way through Martin Brodeur's book. I got it as a gift last Christmas and haven't gotten much read. For some reason it's just hard to find the time but this weekend I am going to sit down and get some serious time in and get a good chunk of it read. So far it's a great read.

=====

Team Canada announced the roster that will be participating in the selection camp ahead of this years World Jr Hockey Championship. PG Cougars Dana Tyrell will attend camp. Tyrell leads the Cougars with 18 goals and 17 assists in 27 games.

=====

I don't know what to make of Sean Avery's latest antics. "Sloppy seconds?" By the sounds of things, he has played his last game for the Dallas Stars. James Duthie has a pretty good suggestion on his blog over at www.tsn.ca. He, and some of Avery's teammates suggest that he should be sent down and since Dallas doesn't have an AHL affiliate, they suggest sending Sean overseas. We'll definitely bring this up on Sportsline on Monday and give you a chance to voice your opinion.

=====

Who will be between the pipes tonight when the Canucks visit Grande Prairie? I'm hearing that Cody Garnett was hoping to return tonight or possibly tomorrow but I can't see it. If he's ready to go and the injury won't bother him then by all means let him play. I imagine it will be Tyson York in goal and that is fine with me.

=====

I've gotten feedback from the NWJHL media and your power rankings are coming later on today. I'll also try to put together a game preview for tonight's contest between the Canucks and Wheelers.

Have a great day!

dd

No comments: