Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sportsline

The program was fairly smooth sailing last night.

Max Fawcett from the Chetwynd Echo joined me on the program last night and we chatted a little bit about local hockey from this past weekend. We also had a chance to talk about Sean Avery and the "sloppy seconds" comment. I think someone will take a chance on him but it just might not be this year. Send him over to Russia to re-assess life. Look at Ray Emery. He is doing good things overseas and it appears and though he will be back in the NHL in the next year or two. The Dallas Stars are expected to decide his future with the club on Wednesday.

The Jr Canucks' Colter McLean joined me at 6:15pm and we chatted for a bit. Later on in the hour we talked to Canucks' president Neil Shuman regarding "Teddy Bear Toss night" at the Memorial on Saturday night. I'll post more on that in the coming days.

Near the top of the hour we were joined by head coach Duncan Redfearn followed by 55 CHET TV's Jacob Zeher and Peace FM midday host Jay talking UFC at 7:05pm. Then at 7:40pm I had a chat with the voice of the Whitecourt Wolverines Dave Dawson from xm105 and we wrapped it up with a little round table discussion that took us to 8:00pm.

All in all it was a pretty good show as we continue to take some big strides forward.

=====

Internet is still a bit wonky here at Peace FM headquarters but at least I'm able to get on and post this morning. I'll work on the weekly power rankings sometime today as well as my wish list. Look for those posts sometime in the coming days.

=====

If you missed the full 11 minute interview with Dave Dawson from xm105 you can hear it re-played on Saturday night. I'll play the interview during the intermission of our Jr Canuck broadcast.

=====

It's a "miss morning" today and I don't feel much like blogging. Once the show's done I'd like to head home to sleep all afternoon.

I'll believe that when it happens.

No comments: